Seasonal Coffee Recipes
The changing seasons are the perfect time to change up your coffee routine. Instead of your usual cup of joe, why not try something new? These tasty coffee recipes are ideal for enjoying autumn flavors. So, grab a cup of your favorite blend from Torke Family Coffee Roasters and get cozy with these delicious drinks and treats. From pumpkin spice to peppermint mocha, there's a recipe for everyone.
Indulgent Sip: Xocolatl Mocha
Xocolatl is the Aztec word for chocolate, and this recipe celebrates the flavors of Central America and brings just enough heat to warm you on the coldest autumn day. As the days get colder and darker, there's nothing quite like the richness of chocolate paired with the bitter complexities of coffee. Add a pinch of cayenne, and you've hit the flavor jackpot.
- 8 oz strong coffee (Our 3rd Ward French Roast works perfectly)
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- Splash of milk or cream
- Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour brewed coffee into a mug and whisk in spices.
- Add milk to taste. *
*If you want to get fancy, warm ¼ cup of milk in a saucepan and use a frother to make a foamy latte.
Health-Boosting Tip: Turmeric Latte
Boost your immune system and energy with this dirty golden latte recipe. This common kitchen spice provides countless health benefits and a subtle, comforting flavor. It contains the chemical curcumin, which has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Don't be scared off by the addition of black pepper! Though putting pepper in your coffee seems strange, you'll barely taste it. The compound piperine in black pepper increases the body's absorption of curcumin by 2,000%, so it's a critical part of this recipe. Perfect to pair with Torke's Vanilla Nut Medium Roast.
- 6 oz strong coffee (Try the vanilla nut, you'll be happy you did!)
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Grind of black pepper
- Mix spices together in a bowl.
- In a saucepan, combine coffee, milk, and maple syrup. Heat slowly, then mix in spices.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy with a sprinkle of turmeric on top!
Check out our other seasonal coffee recommendations here!
Coffee-Soaked Dip: Almond Biscotti
There's nothing that pairs with coffee like biscotti. This nutty biscuit gets its signature crunch from being twice-baked. Biscotti could easily have the tagline "Coffee's favorite cookie." This recipe doesn't include coffee, but it is meant to have some java on the side. A dark roast will balance the biscuit's sweet side, or a flavored blend like Highlander Grogg or Southern Pecan will complement its nutty undertones.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup softened butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 325°F and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl (or a stand mixer), beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs to the butter mixture one at a time, then add the almond extract.
- With the beaters on low, gradually add in the dry ingredients. Fold in the almond until just combined. Avoid over-mixing. Cover and chill dough in the fridge for 15-30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into two even sections. Spoon each onto the prepared pan, and shape into loaves (each loaf should be about 8 inches long, 3-4 inches wide, and about 1 inch tall).
- Bake for 40 minutes until they start to get a golden color.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes, then cut into 1-inch slices while the biscuits are still warm. Return the slices to the baking sheet, cut side up.
- Bake for another 5-10 min on each side until golden brown, flipping halfway through. Let them cool completely to get that quintessential crunch. While you wait, brew up your favorite Torke Coffee blend. Dip and enjoy!
Dietary Note: All these recipes adapt easily to a dairy-free diet by substituting your favorite vegan milk.
Every Cup Gives
Join our family in giving back by shopping Torke Coffee.
Our mission is to give back to the people and communities who support us. By buying Torke Coffee, you give back with us, and together - We're there.Learn More